Wednesday, May 21, 2008

loonnng weekend :)

weekend recap...

SATURDAY 17/05/08 6:00AM

We had a ceremony in the office which requires us to be there by 6am. They invited monks to pray for our office and factory... well, being the only Christian here, sometimes, its so hard to draw a line between respecting your co-workers and compromising your belief. Attending those kind of ceremonies made me feel guilty. It feels like a sin... like I'm doing something bad and I'm compromising my faith. On the other hand, its not like I'm really attending, cause everytime we had those kind of activities here in our office, I just show up myself and then stay in the Accounts room while the ceremony is ongoing. Well that made me feel guilty too... in a sense that I'm not a good team member. While all the girls were preparing the food and the drinks for the monks and for all of us too, I was just there - NOT HELPING. Some of them understands, some, maybe they're mad at me... and they're thinking that just because I'm a foreigner, then I have the right to be a prima donna too... But there's nothing I can do... there's nothing I can do but PRAY... in the middle of the chanting that can be heard from the room where I was, I am praying so hard. Praying and interceeding for them... I only had the chance to share Jesus to my close friends here. During those times that they're asking about God, I am praying in my heart as well, that eventhough they don't understand me clearly (because of the language differences), God will speak to their hearts and make a way for them.

The thing finished at around 9am and then everyone is dismissed at 10am. wohoo... I can come back to Bangkok early. But to my dismay, my boss asked me to stay back for a little bit to finish some reports. I finished by 12nn. By 12:30pm, I am already in the bus on my way back. I reached Bangkok around 3:30pm, picked-up by Micah from the bus station then went to attend Joshua's party in President's park. Joshua Lingham is one of the kids who attends in ICA.. he used to be one of my student as well. After the party, me and my aunt went with the Lee Family cause sadly, my cousins decided to sleep over in their friends house and my uncle had a Badminton game. Reached Tai Ping around 7pm. Nothing to do... but Daniel has to finish his homeworks so we cannot go out. We just decided to buy ice cream... mmm... yummy! Then we watched the movie Lord of the Rings (Fellowship of the Ring) while our aunties are having fun in the massage place. They came back around 12:30 mn then Micah sends us home. The last time I saw before I finally close my eyes... 1:35am.

SUNDAY 18/05/2008 8:45am

Sunday is church day... its just different this time cause the kids are not there. No need to hurry I think cause nobody will be there to go next after me to use the bathroom. So, after the alarm rang at 8:45am, I shut it down again and told myself... "5 mins. more..." The five minutes became ten, then fifteen, then twenty... When I looked in my phone, it was already 9:05. I was 10 mins. late. I reached church at 9:40am. Good thing Teacher Ivy is there already to look out for the kids.

Regular Sunday... Children's Church... then Sunday School... then Worship Service. I was really blessed with the message from Ps. Chad - knowing God's personal will for our lives. He focussed more in the aspect that God sometimes God reveals His will for us through other people. And with that, I became more appreciative to all those people which God chose to be in my life. Those people who keeps on caring for me, and making theirselves willing and available to help me... I thank you God for those lives - they are a living proof of your grace and love for me.

After church, we went to Tai Ping to have lunch. Then we stayed back at Micah's place again, cause Auntie Aida, Ate Pinky and Ivy has to meet for their thesis. This time we saw the part 2 of the Lord of the Rings movie (The Twin Towers). After that, we went to Maneeya to celebrate with Joy and Jonathan as they are going to have their first baby. wohoooo!!!!!

My day went fine... until around past 12 midnight when i got a text message from my brother saying that my friend Ronron got shot accidentally. I cried myself to sleep that night, thinking and imagining things. "What if he'll not make it... what if he dies... what's gonna happen next... " With those things in my mind I remembered the pain I felt when two years ago I got a call from my brother saying that my father passed away. It brings back the pain of knowing that your love ones are suffering and you can't do anything cause you're a million miles away from them. I was crying and praying so hard in my heart and hoping that things will still be okay back there in the Philippines. Thank God though for someone who's been there to comfort me and stay with me while I was worrying and crying...


MONDAY 19/05/2008 07:00am

its holiday... so i stayed back with the Babia's. We went to Ayutthaya and see all the ruins. It was a fun day... though in my heart, I'm still thinking of what happened to Ronron. Still praying and hoping that everything will be fine. Gonna make a separate post for this event with all the pics and stuff. Just wanna say this day went good though it was really tiring and the weather is not helpful as well. At nighttime, me and kuya Nad hanged out with Micah. Walked around Central World then went to Thonglor and had a dessert. I wanted to stay longer but the headache I had since afternoon when we're walking in Ayutthaya was getting worse and made me feel like throwing up. So after we finished the dessert, Micah sends us back home.

Long weekends are fun... longer time I had to spend with people I love... thank you God for the days that passed... thank you God for family and friends... thank you God for good laughs and for long cries at night as well... thank you God.... looking forward for tomorrow and the days to come...

... still hoping Ronron is okay now...


missing them... so much... so much.... talaga promise!

No comments:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner