Thursday, May 08, 2008

Spoon and Fork or Chopsticks?

Have seen two movies back to back last weekend… Iron Man and Forbidden Kingdom.

Last Saturday, while I’m in the bus on my way back, Ivy gave me the news that they’re gonna wait for me and we’re gonna see the Iron Man. Cool…
I reached Emporium around quarter to 9pm and went to see them in Swensens. Since one of us saw it already (and that’s Micah), we’ve received an “unsolicited review” on how good this movie was so we’re all excited and thrilled to see it.

I can say it’s really nice. I enjoyed every bit of it. But somehow, we just cannot stop ourselves from comparing it to the previous superhero movies we saw. It’s like a combination of Spiderman, X-men and Batman (just very high-tech one). On the other hand, I liked the role that Gwyneth played in the movie. See… its true, there’s a woman behind every man’s success. Haha J The robot helper is the cutest… that’s just the part of it that makes it so light and so cute. It was really good. (Clap! Clap!) When it ended, we stayed till the showing of the credits was over (thanks to Benjie). Actually, that’s the reason why Micah paid again, he missed that very last part :P and that part…. Samuel Jackson, man… we’ll see what’s next then.

They walked me home since our house was just across the Emporium. It was past midnight already… we’re all tired… but we had fun… I took the elevator still singing the theme song… dan.. dan.. dandandan… dananandanandandandandan…

Sunday – last day of the VBS. It was a usual Sunday at first because even if we don’t have VBS, we have to do our regular Children’s Church. The number of kids increased compared to the first three days because of the regular Sunday kids. The kids had a good time - singing, playing, making crafts, learning Bible Stories and the most fun of all, receiving prizes. Can’t believe it’s over already. Just three weeks ago, me, Ivy and Ps. Jaimee were just walking around China Town buying materials for this event and now it’s finished. So after the thing, what should come after? Of course… CLEAN-UP TIME! Had to take out all the decorations and bring up all the materials we used. Past lunch time already… everyone is starving and nearly fainting… thanks to Col. Sanders – he saved our intestine’s life :)

From KFC, we went up to check the show time of Forbidden Kingdom. Actually, we’ve wanted to see this movie for like three weeks ago. But that time, it’s not showing yet and on the next weeks, we’ve been very busy. So this time is the perfect time for us. We’re all tired and we needed to relax. We need a good laugh and a good movie to entertain us.

Jackie Chan and Jet Li… YEAH MAN! Kung Fu Masters. Some people say it’s too cliché already… but I don’t care. Its Jackie Chan and Jet Li, man and they are together in a movie. It’s so fun seeing them both, making you thrilled, making you feel like you know Kung Fu… and making you laugh so loud (specially in that “peeing” part) Oh man, that was the most unforgettable scene in the movie, maybe cause it was so unexpected. Hahaha :D

After that, me, Kuya Ronald and Micah walked from Ekkamai to Thonglor and took BTS from Thonglor to Emporium. Maybe I was really tired that time cause I know I’m getting “toyo” already. Went home… ate Pancit Canton and do what I was destined to do in my life – Mango Float.

Monday’s holiday but I got work so have to wake up early again and prepare to go back to Rayong. It was a good weekend. It has fun and not-so-fun part. The rest of what happened… I’ll just have it off record...



** movie-addicts... (mga tambay sa sinehan) :P

No comments:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner