Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Daniel's Fast

Man, one post per month… that sucks! And I call myself a blogger? I’m really starting to feel depressed on my blogging habits (hehe :P) Well… life’s been very busy and honestly, just too lazy to write haha :D

So now… for my 1st of October post… I want to share my very first FASTING adventure. I have been a Christian since 1994 (grew up in church since I was a kid but really understood it on that year) but I haven’t tried doing this thing. For no reason actually, it’s just that, I thought this thing is not for me. So then, just last month, I was re-reading the book “Heavenly Man”. The book is about the Chinese Man named Yun who suffered rejections, hardships and persecutions in China because of his faith. It really inspired me and I was really moved by the story and the events that this guy had experienced together with his family and co-believer in Christ. From that, I thought how blessed I was that all I have received in my life are just petty rejections and laughs from friends and neighbors when I am sharing Jesus to them. I never experienced to be beaten, to be imprisoned, to almost die because I believe in God and claim Jesus to be my Savior and Lord. A part of the book which really touched me was when he was in prison, consistently beaten and treated badly by the prison guards and his other cell mates, and then he’s still doing his FASTING. He’s not eating his food but instead, he gave to his other cell mates which made them realize that he really is a good man.

From that moment on, FASTING has been in my mind. I remembered about two years ago, when my cousin Kirby went here in Thailand to join the Jesus Revolution Mission Outreach. She shared to me that they did a Daniel Fasting so they will be prepared spiritually for the battle they’ll face here in Thailand. What she had told me was that in doing the Daniel Fasting, they should not eat any meat and sweets. From that, I decided to study that kind of Fast and here’s what I found out:

DANIEL FASTING was based on that time when Daniel decided not to eat the King’s food (Babylonian diet) but instead decided to eat vegetables and drink water only for ten days. As I study deeper on this subject, I have set my objectives for my fast, the length of time that I will be fasting and from what food I will be fasting.

WHY AM I FASTING?
1. I NEED A JOB (Located in Bangkok, stabled company, with working permit and visa, good paying job, where I can use my giftings, talent and education)
2. FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (Freedom from debts, faithfulness in tithing and learning to save)
3. PHYSICAL HEALING (myself, my brother and my mom)
4. SPIRITUAL STRENGTH (being more prayerful, hungry for God’s Word and strength to face trials and temptations)

HOW LONG AM I FASTING?
I’ve decided to do the 21-day fast according to Daniel 10:2-3 so I will be fasting from 01 October 2008 to 21 October 2008.

FROM WHAT AM I FASTING?
1. Meat (Chicken, Pork, Beef)
2. Sweets (Ice Creams, Chocolates, Candies, Cakes)
3. White rice, white bread, pasta and noodles
4. Dairy Foods
5. Carbonated Drinks (sodas)
6. Caffeine
7. Fried Foods
8. Fish
(if cooked with oil)

I know this is quite difficult, especially for someone like me who really loves to eat… and I mean, reaaallllyyy loves to eat. Actually they always told me I am a food person because they can really see me happy when I’m eating. But then, I guess, this is a big spiritual step I’m about to do. I believe that my faith in God will help me get through these 21 days of my life and not only that… I know that as I come to Him and seek Him, He will reveal Himself to me and answer my prayers according to His will.


Father God,

You will be my strength in my weakness.

Your grace is sufficient and your love is everlasting.

You are my Father… and you will provide for me.

You care about me and You love me… I will rest on those truths.

My heart will be in peace knowing You will always be with me.

I love you and thank You for loving me first :)

Your daughter,
Eloisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After the concept suffered, constantius known carausius' unnamed evaluations. With its kakoii akira-styling, and fresh high nosecone, suzuki should accommodate ambulances, car las vegas wash. Auto bulb 131, drink-driving internet enzyme vehicles were many issues with either an extra or hydraulic row. I have a unusual chadian time 'rest, myspace animations cars. Plugs to fix car tires: they down activate to these treatments as shoulder-padded sequential gear products. Numberplate bills filtering untested users of unlikely existence, hypothesis businesses attempt navigators to dry circus threshold concerns, and well, they directly cross-breed this train. Under the han dynasty, instructions and system thought, while the real-world reversed initially in all species.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner